Monday, December 12, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken w/Ginger Rice


I've been going through a rut the last couple of weeks.  I totally didn't make any sort of menu the last two weeks, so we ate alot of pasta & breakfast items.

I hate when I hit stalemates like this.

And then I sat down, and really tried to put down a menu...I was looking for something new, something different. 

And then I thought of Ginger.  An ingredient that seems to be popular during the holidays.  I thought to myself, "Self....you should try some Ginger recipes."  I don't think I've ever cooked with Ginger before, so this was going to be fun.

So, I bought myself a BUNCH of Ginger....


And went to work finding delicious recipes {both savory and sweet}.

For tonight's dinner, we made:
 Teriyaki Chicken w/ Ginger Rice
Inspired by this recipe found here.

I decided to make it easy on myself though, and went with a bottled Teriyaki Sauce.  How simple is that.  Grab enough chicken to feed the fam, butterfly it {because most of the time, Chicken Breasts are a little thick}, pound it out, and slather on some yummy goodness.
I grilled these pieces on low for about 10 minutes each side {making sure to brush some sauce on both sides}.


And when it came to cooking the rice, I also went super easy by using my rice cooker.  Not that cooking the rice on the stovetop wouldn't have been easy, but those rice cookers {at least mine is}are good at making rice.


I followed her recipe for the rice:

2 Cups Rice
1 tsp Salt


She said an 1/2 inch of sliced Ginger, but I cut off an inch & finely diced it.  I didn't feel like fishing anything out of the rice when it was done.


And then I let the rice go.  It took about 25-30 minutes for the rice to completely cook.  The smell of the ginger cooking away emanated throughout my cooking space.

When everything was done cooking, I plated me up some Yummo-ness.....


The chicken was great!  Moist.  Flavorful.  Completely devoured by my family.

And the rice....The rice was delicious!  It was not overpowering, but you could definetly tell that it had some ginger action going on :)  My husband thought that this would work great/taste great in some sushi rolls.  Sure.  Why not give it a try ;)


This was a fantastic dish.  I heard no complaints from my family.

I hope you try it out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)