Friday, March 23, 2012

Pierogies Au Gratin

~Hi! to anyone visiting from Talented Terrace Girls...Welcome!~

So I've recently, in the last couple of months, fallen in love with the potatoe-filled-pasta goodness know as pierogies.  I've had them a couple of different ways, and they are just yummy.  So when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I pinned it for future reference.  Well, the time came the other day for me to try this recipe.


mmmm...boy.....was it good.


and boy was it cheesey....and oh so delcious and comforting.


Pierogies Au Gratin
Ingredients:
·         2 boxes of Potato & Cheese Pierogies {this made enough for my family of 5}
·         2 T Butter
·         2 T Flour
·         2 Cups of Milk
·         ½ tsp of Paprika
·         ½ tsp of Salt
·         ¼ tsp of Pepper
·         2 Cups of Shredded Cheese {I used a blend of mozzarella, provolone & cheddar cheese}
·         5 T of Bread Crumbs
·         5 T of Grated Parmesan Cheese
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 400; take a baking sheet & place the frozen Pierogies on top.  Spray both side with a cooking spray.  Let them bake for 20 minutes, turning over half-way through.
2.       Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, melt the butter.  Mix in the flour and let it cook out for a little bit.  Using a whisk, slowly, little by little, pour in the Milk.
3.       When the Milk sauce is somewhat thick, add in the seasonings: Paprika, Salt & Pepper.
4.       Take off the heat.  With a spoon, slowly, at a half a cup at a time, stir in the cheese.
5.       Spray 5 ramekins {or one big pan}; place 5 to 6 pierogies into each ramekin.  Split the sauce between the five ramekins.
6.       Sprinkle a tablespoon of breadcrumbs & a tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tops of each ramekin.
7.       Bake for 15 minutes at 375.  Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
8.       Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


3 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! I love pierogies (I'm Polish). I grew up eating homemade ones and finally tried to make my own over the holidays... fail. :( There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love having you and hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried pierogies, but what you made looks insanely delicious! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)