Monday, May 28, 2012

Coconut-Curry Chicken


Curry Chicken has been on my mind.  So I decided to switch up my regular recipe....this time I threw coconut into the mix.

I sliced up strips of chicken, coated them with a curry yogurt, and then covered them with shredded coconut.  The vanilla yogurt & the sweet coconut complimented each other so well.

After baking in the oven for 35 minutes, they came out with a nice crispy crust.

Coconut Curry Chicken


Ingredients
·         1 ½ -2lbs of Chicken Breast-sliced into strips
·         1 Cup of Vanilla Yogurt
·         1 Tbl of Curry Powder
·         3 Cups of Shredded Coconut
Directions
1.       Preheat oven to 375˚
2.       Set up a breading stations: 1 Pan with the Yogurt & Curry Powder-mixed together, and another Pan with the coconut.
3.       Coat each piece of chicken with the yogurt sauce, followed by a coating of coconut.  Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper {makes clean-up easier}.
4.       Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the outsides of the chicken are a golden brown.
5.       Enjoy!
~Tomorrow, I'll share the recipe for the yummy couscous that I made to go along with this fabulous chicken!

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a simple delicious recipe. I love the coconut and yogurt. Please share this on my foodie friday party today. I will pin it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)