Sunday, February 20, 2011

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes

When I was trying to figure out what meals I wanted to plan for these upcoming 2 weeks, I decided to use one of my favorite blogs {that I like to read}, A Southern Fairytale.  One of the first recipes that I tried {and the one that led me to her site} was Rachel's Blueberry Zucchini Bread.  I had a ton of zucchini bread & was looking for different ways to use it.

{this is my picture}

So, as I scrolled through the recipe index on the site, this particular recipe looked quite yummy & very simple to make.  BBQ Chicken stuffed Baked Potatoes; now tell me that that doesn't sound good....

Thought so.

I kept true to the ingredients of the recipe, but went about my own way of preparing the end product.  Instead of cooking the chicken & onions & sauce in a fry pan, this is what I did:

In a glass dish, I coated two very good-sized chicken breasts with BBQ sauce.  I then sliced up one onion, and covered the chicken with them.  I then sprinkled some S&P & put some tin-foil on top.  I stuck the pan in a 400 degree oven w/ my potatoes & let everything cook for a good hour, hour & fifteen minutes.  After checking to make sure the chicken was done, I pulled the chicken out, shredded it, and then through it back into the pan to soak up all the yummy-juicy bbq sauce.  I sliced open my baked potato, squished it, and then topped it with some chicken & onions, dolloped some sour cream {which my husband was extremely happy about}, and finished it with a sprinkle of cheese.
What a hit!  I really enjoyed it.  So, so, simple....my kind of meal.

I kept thinking that my plate needed something else, but then I told myself that we covered all the food groups ;)

I'm excited for further endeavors into The Southern Fairytale recipe selection!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)