Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cooking Challenge- PW's Olive Cheese Bread

So, here we come to the last of my Pioneer Woman Cooking Challenge.

Tonight's food choice:  Olive Cheese Bread

The plan was to make up some spaghetti and have this side dish accompany it.  It didn't quite turn out that way.  As I pulled out the already prepared bread, my son asked if we were having pizza.  I said no, but that we could make it into pizza.  So on half the bread we added some pepporoni & extra cheese & left the other half {which I have pictures} the way the recipe called for.

 So, here are my thoughts on the matter.  As I was looking over the recipe online, I noticed that there was a difference in measurements when compared to the cookbook.  The cookbook called for 14 oz of black olives and a whole stick of butter; where as the online version called for 6 oz of black olives and only 3/4 cup of butter.
 Here's my thoughts on the bread......honestly......I didn't like it.  It looked so good in the cookbook, and I thought I could get over the fact that I'm not really a big olive fan, and it looked good when it came out of the oven, but one bite, and I was done.
 I think that I'm not a big fan of warmed mayo....just doesn't float my boat.
However, I may not have liked it, but my kids scarfed theirs done.  Which suprised me.  But hey, I'm glad that somebody enjoyed it; I would have hated to see it all thrown away in the trash.

If you really like olives and want to try out this recipe, go here:

Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)