Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cooking Challenge- PW's White Chili

Well, my cooking challenge is almost over.  I've been trying to think of another to do, but haven't thought of anything yet.

Tonight's dinner:

 White Chili.

It was perfect for today because today it was BUTT cold {thank you artic winds}.

I've never made a white chili before.  I can't even recall if I've ever had a white chili before.

As I sat down to eat this delicious-spicy bowl of beans, I wondered what chili meant.  Bean & spices thrown together to create a spicy stew.

Here are my thoughts on making this creation:
  • I should have halved the recipe......I now have tons of chili left......leftover night here we come.
  • The beans took longer to cook, and they could have been cooked a little bit longer.  The recipe said 2 hrs, but I went 2 1/2 to 2 hr 45 minutes in the end.
  • I had to add more masa.....it didn't thicken up as much as I wanted.  I think the 1 cup milk to 2 tbl masa was not enough.  I think it should probably be like 1 cup milk & 1/4 to 1/2 cup masa.
  • Adding the cilantro to the chili gave it a whole other taste experience.  I'm not a big fan of cilantro, but it clicked tonight.
  • If you want your kids to eat it without complaining....lessen the spices {or half the jalepeno}.
If you would like to make this recipe, go here:

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)