Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cumin-Garlic Chicken w/Tomatillo Sauce & Chipotle Rice

KA-POW!!!

That was my first thought when I put a forkful of rice into my mouth......Man those southerners can handle the heat :)

Tonight's cooking adventure comes from Rachel from A Southern Fairytale.  I've been venturing out of my comfort zone, trying new foods & such & this recipe fits right into that.  I've never used tomatillos before & frankly I can't remember ever eating one before.

Tonight's dinner was so very delicious....all those flavors....yum!

James especially loved it....LOVED IT.  Especially the tomatillo sauce.  He immediately started scheming on how to incorporate the sauce into other dishes.  For instance: the tomatillo sauce w/ pork; shredded chicken, sour cream, sauce & a tortilla; on chips......

When I was making dinner, I was afraid that adding the Jalapeno to the sauce would make it too hot.  Nope, the sauce was a little bit sauce, and not spicy at all.  With the rice, I decided to add only 1 chipotle pepper {because of past experiences}; and gosh, did it add the heat; I should have used half of one :)  Still delicious nonetheless.

My husband went back for seconds, mixing together some chicken, sauce, rice & sour cream.  He then ate it on tortilla chips.
 He's one happy customer :)

You should most definitely try this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)