Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Southwestern Pot Roast

I made pot roast for the first time a couple of months ago & absolutely loved it.  I've been wanting to make it again, so when I saw a different version of it on A Southern Fairytale, I knew that I wanted to try it.

Oh my gosh....my house smelled so good.  Peppers, Onions, Garlic & Beefy goodness made my kitchen {therefore my whole house} smell delicious.  I think the one thing that I like about Pot Roast is the fact that I made everything up & let it cook on low for hours....fix-it & forget-it type meal.

I loved spooning over the sauce with all the different types of veggies.  See how I put chipotle in on the list....
 I put ONE in {the recipe called for 3 I think}and boy did it add a kick to everything; but not to bad this time {not like the chipotle rice I made last week}

The Roast came out fork tender.....I mean I could cut it with a fork {which I did}.
 I was going to pair it along side some rice, but decided to whip up some mashed potatoes instead.  I had gone to Sam's Club earlier in the day and pick up some yummy french bread.  Smart decision.  The bread soaked up all the yummy leftover sauce.
Loved this meal!

If you would like to try it, go here:

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)