Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pot Roast

I go grocery shopping every two weeks.  During those two weeks, I make a menu; I have planned meals for each night.  Recently-the last two months or so-I've switched up my menu planning by having a theme for a particular day.  One of our themes is traditional, and this go around I decided that I wanted to make Pot Roast.  I had seen Tyler Florence {on Food Network} make it & my mouth watered.

It's so neat to see how this piece of meat go from this:

 To seared up;
 To covered in yummy goodness & left to cook for a couple of hours;
 To come out all sorts of juicy & tender & smelling good;
 The roast was so good {not dry at all} & the veggies that were cooked with it were so yummy as well.  I decided that instead of mashed potatoes, I would serve my garlic green beans {yummo!} & went with my go-to roll of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls.
My husband & I very much enjoyed dinner tonight.

Here's what I did:

Pot Roast

Beef Chuck Pot Roast {I looked at the roast & found the one that said "Pot Roast"; mine was also under 2lbs because I have a small family of four}
Salt & Pepper
EVOO
Onion-sliced
2 Carrots-peeled and sliced
3-4 Garlic cloves-you can leave them whole
1/4-1/2 tsp of Rosemary
1/4 tsp of Thyme
1-2 Cups of Tomato Sauce {or a can of crushed tomatoes-I didn't have that, so I used my tomato I did have}
1 Cup of Water

Sprinkle you piece of meat with Salt & Pepper on both sides.  In a dutch oven, get it good and hot.  Drizzle some EVOO & sear your piece of meat on both sides.  Place your veggies around your meat-not on top or underneath.  Sprinkle seasoning around veggies.  Pour tomato sauce on top of veggies-again avoiding the meat.  Pour the water around on top of everything-except the meat.  Put the lid on top, turn the heat down to low & let it sit for 3 hours.  After 3 hours, take meat out & slice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)