Monday, November 22, 2010

Felt Turkey Finger Puppet

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am the PTA room Mom for my son's kindergarten class & the PTA is in charge of their Thanksgiving party.  This is a craft that I found off of Skip To My Lou that I thought would be fun {and easy} for these kids to make. 

I used the 9" x 12" felt sheets to cut out the feathers & the turkey bodies.  For the feathers, I cut out squares of 3" x 12" and then made a template {like triangles at the top} to cut them out {because I had to cut out alot of feathers}.  For the bodies, I took my finger and made a template, and then rounded out the top.
 Step 1: Take 2 Turkey bodies
 Step 2: Place a line of glue {I used tacky-because that's what the kids will use-but you can use hot glue} around the outside.
 Step 3: Put the two pieces together
 Step 4: Take your feathers and glue them onto the back of your Turkey

 Step 5: For the nose, I just cut out small triangles & then glued it on
 Step 6: Glue on 2 googly eyes
Wah-La.....A Turkey! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)