Friday, November 26, 2010

Watergate Salad

I *HEART* this jello salad.

It's one of those dishes that is made for family get togethers.  It's a recipe that has been in my family for awhile.  It's super simple.

There is something about pistachios.  They are just yummy.

So if you need to add an easy, food storage worthy, jello salad to your arsenal, I highly recommend this.

Watergate Salad:

1 Can of Crushed Pineapple or Chunks {just chop the chunks}-make sure to keep the juice
1 box of Instant Pistachio Jello Pudding
Half a bag of mini-marshmallows
1/2 C of chopped Walnuts
1/2 Tub of Cool Whip

 In a bowl, pour the juice from a can of pineapple.
 Add the box of pudding
 Wisk them together
 Add the pineapple
 And the walnuts
 And then the marshmallows
 And lastly the Cool Whip
Mix everything together, making sure you get the pudding mixed with the other ingredients {you want an even color of green}.  Refridgerate {you can make this salad the day before & it'll be good} or Eat.

Enjoy!

I'm linking up here:
Mouthwatering Mondays

8 comments:

  1. My family has this salad at every holiday and get-together. It seems like most people (outside my family) don't know it by the name "Watergate Salad," though. I was excited a while back to see the recipe - and the name - in a Kraft magazine. Apparently my family and yours aren't the only ones calling it that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that sounds scrumptious. My family loves Jello Instant Pistachio pudding - I can't get it very easily in England, but I bring it back with me when we visit the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I'd never heard of this before now! My family used to serve ambrosia, but this looks way more fun and tasty! Thanks for sharing @ Mouthwatering Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of Watergate Salad until this week. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks really good -- like ambrosia, as someone said, -- or what I've seen called "Fluff," -- but I think I like these flavors better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never understood jello with *stuff* in it ;-) and I'm SOUTHERN! Which, I think means someone should revoke my Southern card! ;-) LOL.

    However, your pics -- make it look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this jello salad! I haven't made it in years, thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be the only one that has not made this before haha, I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this salad. I remember it from when I was a kid, but had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the memories and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)