Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pasta Bake

Sometimes you just need to have a simple dinner.  The other night, I volunteered to take a dinner to a family; this meal is adaptable so you can double or triple it {think making extra and freezing to have an easy meal at another date}.

Pasta, sausage, cheese, and sauce; that's all you need to make this dinner.

Easy right??  You bet.  So here's the recipe:

Pasta Bake

First, cook up some sausage.

I used Jimmy Dean pork sausage that I had in the freezer; and since I was making two meals, I cooked up two rolls.  I liked this sausage alot because there was barely any grease.  While the sausage is cooking up, cook up some pasta.

I used penne, and probably used 1 to 2 lbs of it.  I know it's not very accurate, but I buy dry pasta in bulk, and sort of just guess at it, making sure there's enough to feed my family; therefore I doubled that thinking.
To the sausage, add your choice of spaghetti sauce; add just enough so it looks like this:

Enough sauce to cover everything, and a little bit extra for moisture when you add it to the pasta.
In a greased 9 x 13 dish, add pasta & sausage sauce. 
Then to that add, cheese......italian cheese, cheddar cheese, whatever kind cheese you want.  Add a little, add a lot....your choice, it's up to you.

Mix it all up.  You can then add another layer of cheese.

Bake @ 400 degrees for 30 minutes covered, and then another 10-15 minutes uncovered to crisp up the cheese.  Serve and Enjoy!

I wish I had a picture of the finished product, but....I just wasn't able to....Life huh :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)