Saturday, April 2, 2011

Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls

It all started when I was {again} craving baked apples.  Like, apple pie baked apples

Then I caught an episode of "Cooking for Real" {with Sunny Anderson} where she was making this; and BAM!  This was born:


Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls

First, you've got to have some of these:


And then after, peeling & slicing & generally making a mess

You cook down the apples with some Lemon juice & brown sugar.  I decided to cook down the apples because I wasn't sure if they would have enough time to cook down while stuffed inside a roll.

I went ahead and made up some dough; rolled it out & smothered it with the yummy apples

It's important to note that your filling should be cooled down before you smother the dough with it.  If the filling doesn't cool, it'll start "melting" the dough.

When the buns were done cooking in the over, I drizzled some caramel syrup over the top {instead of cream cheese frosting-which is what I usually do with cinnamon rolls}


I liked how they turned out; therefore, it's a keeper :)

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Linking up here:

2 comments:

  1. That looks.....SO GOOD! I'll have to add that to my "must make" list. Thanks for sharing.
    http://mcgreenexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look amazing! You are a cinnamon roll GENIUS!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)