Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strawberry Pie

Oh.  I've got Strawberries on the Brain!  Or should I say, I've got Strawberries on the Tastebuds ;)

Saturday, I made a fabulous Strawberry Cake.  I had leftover strawberries, so I decided to make my wonderful hubby a strawberry pie-from scratch.  No boxes of gelatin for this gal.


I went with a graham cracker-ice cream cone crust.  Yes I said ice cream cone.  I only had one package of graham crackers, and that was just not enough.  I got a great deal {at only 25 cents per box} on sugar cones and they worked perfectly at a crust substitute.


Crust aside, my favorite thing was the filling itself.  I added the zest & juice of a lemon, which I thought perfectly complimented the strawberries.

I so very much enjoyed this dessert.  Here's how I made it:

Enjoy!

I'm linking this recipe to these Fabulous sites:

1 comment:

  1. looks very yummy! Will give it a try when my strawberries come in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)