Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Orange Granola

I had this sort-of tasty food day dream this morning.  I had thoughts of oranges & oatmeal combining together to make a delicious granola.  I made it a reality after dinner tonight.

Orange Granola


I wanted to keep it very simple & I wanted the granola to have mucho orange flavor.


I made up a orange simple syrup that I would use as the liquid ingredient to combine the dry ingredients.


I added Oatmeal, Shredded Coconut {because my husband & I like the added crunch & texture}, and Golden Raisens {because that's what I had in my pantry}.  If I had some almonds, I think I would have added that to the bunch.


I threw everything on a greased baking sheet and baked it for about an hour.  I made sure to mix it up every 15-20 minutes to keep it from sticking.


After getting the granola to my desired color, I couldn't wait, so I grabbed a glass, and layered the granola with some vanilla yogurt.

Gah!  It tasted so good!  I was even a nice Mommy and shared the delcious treat with my two younger children.  I am very excited to eat this treat over the next couple of days :)

Enjoy!

Photobucket

I'm Linking up to these places:

 
Mouthwatering Mondays {A Southern Fairytale}

3 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy! I definately want to try it! :)

    Becky
    justbeckause.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had orange flavored granola before...it is yummy!

    you're making me want some for the morning.

    perfect for saturday morning breakfast.

    thanks!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so refreshing! Looking forward to making this. Thank you for sharing. =O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)