Saturday, April 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge : Blueberry Coconut Lime Puffins

Photobucket

It's Blueberry Muffin Time!!!!

And let me tell ya....I baked alot of blueberry muffin recipes in my hopes of finding the best muffin recipe.  Because you see....in my search over the years to find a great blueberry muffin recipe, I've never been won over.  I'd still rather buy a muffin mix {Betty Crocker is my favorite}.

And then I ran into this recipe...and I think that my husband & I are hooked {because my kids have given up on muffins...I don't think they appreciated this challenge}.


That's right folks....it's a Muffin & a Pancake...and it totally tastes that way.

So I took the idea of this Puffin from the blog, Lady with the Red Rocker, and then I ran with it.  I added some Coconut Syrup {all the way from Hawaii} & some lime zest, and of course some Blueberries.

The coconut added this suprise flavor....my husband had a hard time guessing what was in the muffin.  And do you know what my favorite part of these muffins are???  The fact that they are just about 100 calories each.  EACH.  How awesome is that!


Blueberry Coconut Lime Puffins
 
Ingredients:
·         2 Cups Krusteazs Mix
·         2/3 Cups Skim Milk
·         2 Eggs
·         ½ Cup Coconut Syrup
·         1 Tbl Coconut Emulsion
·         Zest from 2 Limes
·         12 Tbl Blueberries
Directions:
1.       Preheat Oven to 375˚; grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
2.       In a mixing bowl, add the following ingredients: Krusteazs mix, milk, eggs, syrup, emulsion, lime zest.  Gently mix everything together.
3.       Scoop into the muffin pan.
4.       Place a tablespoon of blueberries on top, and gently press down.
5.       Bake for 15 -20 minutes when a toothpick comes out clean.
6.       Enjoy
Thanks for stopping by!!

Photobucket
Check out some other Blueberry Muffin Recipes!

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:

9 comments:

  1. Oooh - lime, coconut, blueberries, AND ONLY 100 CALORIES???? Crazy!! You win :).

    I hope you'll stop by and visit my CCC selection.

    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut and lime are the perfect combination! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds heavenly! Coconut & lime is one of my favorite flavour combinations and I'm sure the addition of blueberries makes it even more wonderful. Great choice for CCC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sure are pretty! I have never used coconut syrup before. I am looking forward to trying these!
    Visiting from # 49!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, what a flavor combination! These are a must try! I'm #14.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound completely amazing! I've never heard of coconut syrup, but you've convinced me that I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering all over the keyboard. YUM!
    -ourheirloomlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...these sound delicious!
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your puffins look amazing! And the collection of blueberry muffin recipes is insane! Love it!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)