Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tomatoe-Basil Alfredo Sauce


Mmmm...Pasta. I'm definitely a carbaholic.
Or a carbasoraus.
Either way...I love bread & pasta.
Tonight I wanted to switch it up and make my alfredo sauce & pair it with some Veggie Pasta.



First, I started out with some Butter & Flour


And made a Roux

Apparently I like to make funny faces while cooking.  But...nevermind that.  I took some warmed-up milk {with some garlic} & stirred it into my roux.  And stirred, and stirred and stirred away....


Until it thickened up and started to boil.


I took the pan off the stove..waited a couple of minutes, and then added two handfuls of cheese.  I stirred once again.


So, up above I went from a bechamel sauce, to an Alfredo sauce, and now we're going for the tomatoe-basil part.  I just so happened to have some fresh basil from the garden, which I was very excited to use.


I dumped & stirred.  And then I just let it hang out for awhile.


After the pasta had cooked, and before I dumped it, I took some of the pasta water out so I could thin out the alfredo sauce.  I did two splashes, but, I think I should have done a little bit more.  Then the pasta & sauce met each other.....


And gave me dinner :)  My son ate two helpings of this.


And just for added fun....here's another goofy picture of myself:


Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)