Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brats with Mustard Slaw

When I asked my husband what he wanted me to make him for his birthday dinner, his response was, "Brats".  Yummy, delicious, Beer Brats.


I then was trying to think of what I could top these Brats with, and with some extra cabbage in the fridge, I thought it would be neat to make a vinegar-based slaw to go on top.

So I took to the internet, let my fingers mosie on over to Foodnetwork.com, and typed in "Coleslaw Dressing".  I looked at a couple different recipes, and finally decided that the Neely's Spicy-Sweet Slaw would accompany our Brats well.  Although not vinegar based, I thought the combination of Mustard with everything would go perfectly with Brats; I mean, come on, Brats & Mustard....Perfect combination.


With the slaw, I didn't have enough Yellow Mustard, so I used Brown Mustard instead.  James also asked to nix the Cayenne Pepper.  In the end, I liked it.  It turned out to be a sweet slaw with a little twang.

Also, I must say, my grilled potatoes......fantastic.  I pre-baked them in the microwave, splashed them in EVOO & salt and pepper, and then stuck them on the grill.  So good.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)