Monday, March 26, 2012

Cranberry Upside-Down Muffins

With my renewed zest for Baking & Cooking again, I decided that I wanted to start making breakfast at least 2-3 a week.  So I went on the search for fast & delicious sounding breakfast items.  While on Pinterest, I came across this lovely-sounding muffin recipe:


I love me some Cranberries, and I've really liked the Craisen-filled muffins I've made in the past, so this wasn't a far stretch.


I only tweaked the recipe somewhat...instead of adding vanilla extract, I substituted some Orange Emulsion, because Cranberries & Orange are the perfect match.


As you can tell, the cranberries kind of stayed put, they didn't melt down over the bottoms of the muffins when I flip them over.  But that's ok, it made less of a mess.  The muffin base was great as well.  Not to sugary, soft, and with just the slightest hint of orange.

Cranberry Upside-Down Muffins
Ingredient:
·         1 Can Whole Cranberry Sauce {12 Tbl worth}
·         2 Cups of Flour
·         2 tsp Baking Powder
·         ½ tsp Salt
·         1/3 Cup Sugar
·         4 tsp Melted Butter
·         2 Eggs
·         1 Cup of Skim Milk
·         1 tsp Orange Emulsion
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350˚.  Spray muffin pan.  Place a tablespoon of Cranberry Sauce into each muffin tin spot.
2.       In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: flours, baking powder, salt & sugar.
3.       Make a well, and add in the following ingredients: Melted Butter, Eggs {beaten up}, Milk, and Orange Emulsion.
4.       Using a spatula, mix together the batter, being careful to not over mix.
5.       Divide the batter between the 12 muffin spots.
6.       Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.  Let rest for 5 minutes.  Invert on to a wire rack.
7.       Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! Love the upside-down idea. I also love that you dressed up an otherwise plain-ish muffin. What a fun breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun recipe! My family would love that the muffins were upside down and filled with yummy cranberry! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)