Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mixed-Berry Lemon Pie

One must have patience when making a pie filling.

That is what I learned yesterday.  If you want your filling to turn out right, you've got to babysit the saucepan.  And it is worth the effort in the end.

I had this idea in my head.  Lemon & Fruit {wait.....aren't those the same???}...........ok, Lemon & Berries make a wonderful combination.  So one Sunday afternoon, I went on a culinary adventure.

I crushed some graham crackers

And melted some brown sugar & butter

Mixed those two together into a crust

I separated some eggs

And zested a lemon

I covered my crust with some berries-strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries.


And then I poured on some lemon pie filling

And after sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours, I had a delicious {although sort of messy looking} dessert.


Very scrumptious. 

If you would like to try this recipe, click on the link below:

Thanks for stopping by....Enjoy!

Mouthwatering Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)