Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Raisen CousCous

Today, I'm sharing a very yummy side dish that I made to go along with my Coconut-Curry Chicken...CousCous!
 

My Kids LOVE CousCous....it's one of our favorite side dishes.  I love it even more because it's so easy to prepare; I mean, you can't go wrong with 5 minutes of "cook" time.

With one of our favorite Chicken Curry dishes, there are raisens in the sauce, and since I was reconstructing the chicken dish, I thought to add the raisens somewhere else.  Also, by letting the raisens soak with the CousCous in the water, they were able to plump up a bit.


Raisen CousCous

Ingredients
·         2 Cups of Water
·         1 tsp of Chicken Bouillon
·         1 ½ Cups of CousCous
·         ½ Cup of Raisens {any kind will work}
·         Parsley {optional}
·         EVOO
Directions
1.       In a microwave safe bowl, heat up water and chicken bouillon till boiling.
2.       Stir in CousCous & Raisens.  Cover with plastic wrap & let sit for 5 minutes.
3.       Fluff with a fork, and if you’ve got fresh Parsley, mix that in.  Drizzle a little bit of EVOO to finish it off.
4.       Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)