Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spinach-Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto

The other night for dinner, I wanted something fresh.  And just my luck, our spinach is coming in nice, so I decided to whip up some Pesto.  I love making pestos...it's nice to have something different on our pastas over than Red Sauce.


~Spinach from my garden~


I threw in some Garlic Bread & Peas, and the family was happy.


Spinach & Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of Spinach
  • 1/2 Cup of Parmesan
  • 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper
  • EVOO
  • 1 Cup of Reserved Cooking Liquid
Directions:
  1. Cook up enough pasta for you family, and reserve a cup of the liquid once the pasta is done cooking.
  2. In a food processor, combine the following ingredients: Spinach, Parmesan, Pine Nuts, Garlic and Pepper.  Give it a whirl.
  3. Stream in enough EVOO to combine everything together...usually between 1/4-1/2 cup.
  4. Stream in the reserved Cooking Liquid till you get a decent sauce.
  5. Pour enough sauce over your pasta, coating every piece.
  6. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)