The other night for dinner, I wanted something fresh. And just my luck, our spinach is coming in nice, so I decided to whip up some Pesto. I love making pestos...it's nice to have something different on our pastas over than Red Sauce.
~Spinach from my garden~
I threw in some Garlic Bread & Peas, and the family was happy.
Spinach & Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup of Reserved Cooking Liquid
- Cook up enough pasta for you family, and reserve a cup of the liquid once the pasta is done cooking.
- In a food processor, combine the following ingredients: Spinach, Parmesan, Pine Nuts, Garlic and Pepper. Give it a whirl.
- Stream in enough EVOO to combine everything together...usually between 1/4-1/2 cup.
- Stream in the reserved Cooking Liquid till you get a decent sauce.
- Pour enough sauce over your pasta, coating every piece.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties: