Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Turkey, Pineapple & Swiss Grilled Cheese Sandwich

When trying to find a grilled cheese sandwich recipe for the Crazy Cooking Challenge, I told ya yesterday how I came across this blog & how that blogger was doing a month-long grilled cheese sandwich month.
 
One of the recipes that I pinned was a Ham & Pineapple recipe.  Now as you can see from the title of this blog post, that it does not say Ham.  It was suppose to be Ham, but somehow, my Ham got misplaced when I went grocery shopping & it ended up at my parents house.  So we went out on a limb & substituted with Turkey {that we did have in the house}.
 
And ya know what???  This sandwich tasted fantastic!
 

The sourdough bread, turkey, pineapple, green onions & swiss worked great with each other.



And my family still ate my sandwiches even though they were a little crispy on the outside.

Turkey, Pineapple & Swiss Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Ingredients:
  • Sourdough Bread
  • Turkey Slices {I used a good lunch meat that my family likes, & used 4 slices for each sandwich}
  • 1 Can of pineapple rings {since the bread was kind of big, I used 2 rings per sandwich, and there was just enough in the can for the 6 sandwiches I made}
  • Swiss Cheese {1 slice per sandwich}
  • 2 Green Onions-sliced green & white parts
  • EVOO

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Assemble your sandwiches: Bread, turkey, green onions, pinapple and cheese.
  3. Place onto a baking sheet & drizzle the outsides of the sandwich with EVOO.
  4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes...or until the outside is golden brown.
  5. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Photobucket
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)