Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cooking Challenge- PW's Blueberry Crumb Cake

I really like Blueberries & I really like Blueberry muffins.  So it only seemed fit that when I saw this recipe online, that I needed to make it for breakfast.  I usually set aside Saturday mornings as a day that I'll bake breakfast.

The recipe was really simple to make.  Of course, {as I always do with fresh blueberries}I mixed the blueberries a little bit too much & it turned the batter sort of blue.....oh well, my kids enjoyed the color aspect.  I did something a little bit different when it came to the streusel .  I decided to put my kitchen aid mixer to work.  I know you can use a pastry blender {which I do have, just don't use as much} and I usually just use my food processor, but I cleaned out the batter bowl & threw in all the streusel ingredients.  Using the paddle attachment, I mixed the flour, butter, sugar & cinnamon until I had a good consistency.  It worked well-one less dish to wash.

I've made struesel muffins before, but the topping always came off.  This cake was very delicous & everything stayed put.

 It was well worth the 45 minutes I had to wait for it to bake.
I think throughout the day, I had 3-4 servings of this "Blueberry Muffin Cake" {what my kids called it}.  I'm glad that I'll be able to eat some for breakfast tomorrow.

If you would like to try out this recipe, here's the link:

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)