Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cooking Challenge- PW's Orange Marmalade Muffins

Nothing like fresh homemade muffins on a Saturday morning.

Today's cooking adventure: Orange Marmalade Muffins.
{found here}
I picked this particular recipe because of the Oranges.  It just sounded good at the time.  These muffins came out so moist, sweet & delicious.  I've made scatch muffins in the past, but they've never had that sweet quality that I enjoy from the box mixes.  I've been eating these beauties all day.
 The brown sugar-orange glaze was a nice extra; my son thought I poured honey over the top.
The only downside, I didn't think the orange came out as much as I wanted.  I'm thinking maybe some orange extract would take care of that.
My kids loved licking the bowl......I think they enjoyed the batter more than the muffins. 

  
What a way to start the morning!

Again, this recipe came from this cookbook; I looked online to see if it happened to be posted there, but it wasn't.
*CORRECTION*
I found the recipe {I guess I really need to search her website}!!  Go here to get it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)