Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cooking Challenge- PW's Carrot & Squash Soup

Yep.  Two cooking challenges today.  I didn't get a lot of sleep the other night, so I was dragging yesterday.  I was going to do a leftover night tonight, but switched that to last night-I was just in no mood to cook.  My comfy couch had most of my attention yesterday.

Anyway, it's interesting that I wanted to try this soup.  I'm not a big fan of squash, but I'm discovering that the little squash are kinda like zucchini which I like when cooked.  I think that the thing that struck out at me the most was the curry.  After making curry chicken, I was interested in making this soup.  Plus, everything is pureed, so you don't really know what's in the soup.

 This was a very easy soup to make.  It tasted so yummy in my tummy.  I liked how I could take a bite, savor, then get the kick of curry at the end.  I didn't really taste the carrots or squash or onions for that matter, but I figured they just provided a healthy base for the curry.

My husband said that he would like to try this with some chicken & egg noodles; I liked it just the way it was.

If you would like to try this recipe, go here:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)