Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spam & Egg Casserole

Do not be afraid of Spam!!!!

I know it's not gourmet, but if you're looking for a quick, budget-friendly, food-storage worthy meal.....well....wa-la, I have this for you.

I grew up eating this dish; in fact, I think it's my sister's favortite meal.  It's been a constant meal in my marriage the last 6 1/2 yrs.  It's sort of my "oh crap, what's for dinner" meal because you can either throw it together & have it ready to serve in 45 minutes or less; or you can make it earlier in the day and have it for later.

I've been working on my photog skills, especially when it comes to taking pictures of food.

I'm trying.

It's doesn't help that I have the worse lighting in my kitchen.

Well....my kitchen isn't that spectacular in the first place, but that's another story.

I tried very hard to convey the yummyness that is this dish.

Anywho, here's the recipe:

 -Mix together the milk & eggs; set aside.
 -In a greased 9 x 13 dish {makes clean-up a whole lot easier}, add the crushed saltine crackers.  I just take my package & smoosh it done; all before I open it up.
 -Dice up the Spam; thow it in with the crackers.
 -Add the corn.  You could use a can of corn, I just have a bag of the frozen stuff.
 -Add the cheese.  Usually, I use cheddar or colby & monterey jack; my husband used up the rest of that cheese yesterday on a pizza.  Today, I used an Italian blend cheese.  I think it might have tasted better.
 -Pour the liquids over everything & mix it up.  Sprinkle some parsley over the top, just to make it look purdy.  Cover it up with some foil, and bake in the oven @ 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Take the foil off & bake for another 15 minutes or until it nice and golden & the cheese is melted.
 Yep.....that's me ;)
 MMMMmmmmmm.........yummyness.
So if you want to add something to your food storage recipe arsenal, give this a shot & enjoy.

Here's the recipe again:

I'm Linking this recipe at these sites:

Mouthwatering Mondays

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)