Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken Wrap w/Peanut Sauce

So Yep, here's another recipe from my Pampered Chef recipe book, except this time, I sort followed/sorta strayed from the recipe.  The actual title of the recipe was "Thai Basil Lettuce Wrap" figuring that it was Thai because of the peanut sauce they used.  My husband loves peanut sauce so I figured that he would enjoy dinner tonight....and he did....I did too.
So here's how I did it:
 Chicken Wrap w/Peanut Sauce
{adapted from Pampered Chef}
Peanut Sauce {make in a food processor}
-4 T of peanuts
-1 clove of garlic
*Pulse a couple of times, chopping the peanuts & garlic
*add the next following ingredients
-1/4 C poppy seed dressing
-1/2 T of Basil {a whole T if using fresh Basil}
-1 T of Water
-2 T of Rice Vinegar
-3/4 t of soy sauce
*Pulse a couple more times combining everything
Wrap Ingredients:
-Tortillas
-Roasted Red Bell Peppers {I buy the peppers in the jar & use those}
-Cucumber-peeled, seeded, and julienned
-Shredded lettuce
-Shredded Chicken {I cooked up a 1lb of chicken in the crockpot}; take the chicken & mix it with the Peanut Dressing.
Making the Wrap:
Tortilla, chicken, Veggies.  Roll Up.  Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)