Monday, October 11, 2010

Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie


With my family celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday, I volunteered to make the desserts: Pumpkin Pie & Lemon squares.  When I took a pie crust out of the freezer {I use the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts because I have yet been able to make a perfect one} I noticed on the box a recipe for this Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie.  It sounded so yummy, and I had all the ingredients {except for pecans, which is ok because my sister is allergic to nuts}so I decided to give it a shot.

Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie
{from Pillsbury}
Pie Filling:
16 oz of Pumpkin {just the pumpkin, not the pie filling w/the spices added}
12 oz of Evaporated Milk
1/2 C of Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
-Mix all the ingredients together-
Pie Crust:
Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts-follow directions on the box to thaw or use your own pie crust.  With Pumpkin Pies you don't cook the crust beforehand; so, lay out your crust over a 9 inch pie plate.
Streusel Topping:
1/4 C of Brown sugar
1/2 C of pecans {optional}
2 T flour
2 T Butter
-If you have a food processor...use it.  I tried to cut the butter by hand & made a big mess.  Anyway, in a food processor, add all the ingredients & pulse until you get the consistency of cornmeal...that crumbly-topping look.
Baking Instructions:
Pour the Pie filling into the pie crust.  I then cut strip of foil & folded those pieces over the edges of the crust so they wouldn't burn {the crust will be in the oven for at least 45 minutes}.  In a 425 degree preheated oven, bake the pie for 15 minutes.  Lower the temperature to 350 degree & bake the pie for another 15 minutes.  Take the Pie out and top it with the streusel & remove the foil strips; bake for another 15-20 Minutes or until the center is set & when you slide a knife out it comes clean.  Cool the pie....slice the pie....eat the pie.
Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)