Saturday, October 2, 2010

Coconut-Lime Banana Bread

During my daily perusing of crafty blogs, I came upon this: Coconut-Lime Banana Bread.  I knew instantly that I wanted to try it.  Since I was in the baking mood & had boughten some bananas at the commissary, today would be the day.  I of course had to stray, but that's what I do.
 Coconut-Lime Banana Bread (my way)
*In a mixing bowl, cream together:
*1/4 C butter
*1 C of Sugar
*Next mix in:
*1/2 tsp Vanilla
*2 Eggs
*1/4 C plus 2 T of Applesauce {in her recipe she used 1/4 C of yogurt & 2 T applesauce, but I didn't have any yogurt.  So I thought about what the yogurt would be doing in the recipe, I thought that it was replacing the oil in a regular recipe.  Well my using all applesauce worked because the bread turned out yummy.}
*3 Bananas-mashed up
*1/2 C of coconut
*Then mix in:
*1/2 tsp Salt
*3/4 tsp Baking Soda
*2 C Flour
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a greased loaf pan, pour batter mixture in.  Sprinkle more coconut on top.  Bake for 1 hour.  To make the glaze/icing, I added powdered sugar & lime juice.  When I took the bread out of the oven, I poked some holes in the top, so when I pour some of the glaze, it would go into the bread.  I then let the bread cool a bit, then carefully took it out of the pan and put it onto a cooling rack with wax paper on top {to make clean-up easier}.  I then let it cool a little bit more, and then poured more icing on top.  It was after this & I let it cool some more {and to let the frosting stiffen up a bit}that I cut into the bread.  It was very delicious.  The nice moist banana bread with the lime glaze was so good.  I also liked the the coconut; it gave the bread some texture.  I think this will definetly be made again.
Thank You Dana!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)