Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Sometimes, you just need a treat.  And when my family needs a treat, I turn to my Dairy Keen Cookbook to fulfill my sugery needs.  I saw the Smores Brownies, but my husband saw the Peanut Butter Bars & insisted that I make some of those {he has a thing lately for Peanut Butter & chocolate...then again, who wouldn't}.  So yesterday while he was out taking a test for a class, I made a pan of these delicious treats up.  My husband was very happy to come home & eat these...& I was happy to eat them as well.

I strayed from the recipe when I made these yesterday, so here's what I did:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
*3/4 Cup Butter
*1/2 Cup Sugar
*1 Cup Brown Sugar
-Cream these ingredients together, then add:
*2 Eggs (When you want to double this recipe, only use 3 eggs.  Because I halved it in the first place, I used 2 rggs instead of 1 1/2)
*1/2 T Vanilla
-Mix the eggs & vanilla well into the creamed mixture.  To that, mix in:
*1 Cup Peanut Butter {I used crunchy, because we like the extra crunch}
*3/4 t Baking Soda
*1/4 plus 1/8 t of Salt
*1 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
*2 Cups Rolled Oats
-Mix everything till everything is incorporated.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a large cookie sheet {or Jelly roll pan} (sprayed with cooking spray) smoosh the peanut mixture into a crust like fashion.  Be warned that this mixture is sticky.  In the end I had to dust my hands with flour to smoosh it everywhere.
-Bake the crust for 10 minutes.  After you take it out of the oven, let it cool.  After cooling, spread another cup of peanut butter on top.  Stick it in the fridge and let it chill for awhile.  After a while you can either: spread some chocolate frosting on top; or melt some chocolate & spread it on top.  I chose the melt chocolate option.
-Chill again or eat.....We chose eat yesterday.

*ENJOY*

Photobucket
I posted this here & here.

2 comments:

  1. Those look like a healthy choice for snacking! And who doesn't love PB and Chocolate together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! My hubby would adore these! He is a peanut butter and chocolate FIEND

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)