Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lining

I went to JoAnns the other day to pick up a pattern; I was going to make Madi a dress by using a pattern & using some fabric I had at home.  I was picking up all the notions that I needed to complete the dress, and one thing is requested was lining.  I found the lining, paid for my supplies & headed home.  I started cutting, pinning & sewing the top part of this dress, and at once I noticed how clean the lines around the neck and arms were going to turn out.  I was kinda giddy about it.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to make a dress from scratch for Madi.  I was having a heck of a time doing these tiny "hem" lines.  My Mom suggested that I get some bias tape to clean them up.  Although it helped, if I had to do it over again, I would by lining.  Here's a picture of my so-so top:
 And here's a pic of the top that I used lining with:
Much better looking.  So I'm a fan of using lining when it comes to making tops.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)