Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lemon Cookies w/ a Twist

I saw this recipe when I was perusing the different craft/food blogs that I have bookmarked.  I thought they sounded good, and it gave me another recipe to use with the plentiful zucchini I have sitting on my counter.  I looked at the recipe & it looked alot like my Mom's recipe for her yummy soft chocolate chip cookies.  Friday, I tested my theory & made my Mom's dough, but instead of adding the chocolate, I added zucchini, lemon & walnuts to the mix.  They turned out spectacular.  Moist & soft just like my Mom's.  They tasted even better with a lemon glaze on top.  I took these cookies to my husbands work & they gobbled them up.  They couldn't believe that there was zucchini in them.  I made up another batch on Saturday, this time w/out nuts (so my sister could try) & more lemon zest, more zucchini & lemon juice.  Michelle (my sis) said that they were delish & she took a bunch home to share.

-One speck of zucchini-
-A cookie with nuts in it.  You can also see specks of lemon & zucchini.-
Lemon Zucchini Cookies
  • 1 Cup Butter Margerine (soft)
  • 1 Cup White Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • Cream these ingredients together.  To the creamed ingredients add:
  • 2 Eggs
  • The zest of 3 Lemons
  • 1-1 1/2 Cups of shredded Zucchini
  • 2 T of Lemon Juice
  • Mix these ingredients together, so everything's incorporated.  To the mix add:
  • 1/4 t Salt
  • 1 t Baking Soda
  • 2 1/2-3 Cups of Flour
  • 1 Cup of chopped Walnuts (optional)
  • Mix everything together.  You want to add enough flour to make a semi stiff dough.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake cookies for 12- 14 minutes or until they're golden yellow.  Let them cool for a couple of minutes before you put them on a wire rack.  After they cool for a while coat them in a lemon glaze.  I basically took a bowl big enough to dunk the cookies, and too that added 1/4 cup of powdered sugar & 2 T of Lemon juice (from the lemons I zested), mixed it together & then dunked the cookies.  I kept doing this until all the cookies were coated.  If you have restraint you can let the glaze on the cookies harden & then eat, or you can just eat them then.
Enjoy!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)