Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Curried Chicken w/ Cousous

Another yummy recipe from my Pampered Chef book; actually most of my meals are coming from recipes out of this book.  I do that sometimes; I'll pull one cookbook & picks meals from just that one.  Tonight was also another night of cooking new things.  Ingredients I've never used before: Couscous-if it weren't so pricey, I think I would use it more; Curry powder; golden raisens-I snuck a couple of the raisens to snack on while cooking; & coconut milk.
I don't think I've ever had anything curry, so I kept asking my husband if it tasted good, looked good, etc....I thoroughly enjoyed this meal; from the chicken to the carrots & onions, to the couscous.  Plus, it was very easy to make, especially the couscous. 
Here's how I did it:
 Curried Chicken w/ Couscous:
{from the Pampered Chef}
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast-diced into 1 inch pieces
3/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 carrots-peeled & sliced on the bias
1 onion-sliced
EVOO
2 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 Cup Golden Raisens
1 Can (13.5 oz) Coconut Milk
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 1/3 Cups Couscous {or 1 10oz box of plain Couscous}
1 Tbsp Butter
Cilantro or Parsley {we used parsley because I have a thing against cilantro}
In a small bowl, combine the salt & pepper.  Sprinkle some of the seasoning mixture onto the chicken.  In a large skillet, drizzle some EVOO & cook up the chicken for about 4-6 minutes, flipping the chicken half way through.  When the chicken is done cooking, remove chicken from the pan {onto another plate or bowl}and re-drizzle the pan with EVOO.  Add the carrots & onions & cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Stir in curry powder, raisens, chicken, remaining seasoning mixture, & coconut milk.  Combine & let simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Meanwhile, in a microwave safe container, pour the chicken broth & cook on high for 3 minutes.  Stir in couscous & butter.  Cover & let sit for 5 minutes.  Fluff with fork.
Serve the curried chicken over the couscous w/ a couple sprinklings of parsley {or cilantro}.  Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)