Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Week 2011 : Cookies & Brownies

Welcome to my first ever Pumpkin Week!

Now, I'll have to be honest, I've never had a thing for Pumpkin.   That is, besides Pumpkin Pie.  So this was a real step out of my comfort zone, and boy have I been impressed.

I thought that I would start out the week with some sweet dishes.

First off,
Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies


This was the first recipe that I tried after scouring the internet for pumpkin recipes.  I'm not a big fan of chocolate & pumpkin, but these sounded appetizing enough to try {I think because of the butterscotch}.


I asked both my husband and my oldest what they thought were in the cookies; the hubby thought Peanut Butter, the oldest had no clue.  I thought that these beauties freshly out of the oven tasted like Pumpkin Pie with butterscotch thrown in.  I was sold.


And you know what made them even better???  The fact that each of them were only 74 Calories.  I have not felt guilty about eating these :)



Second,
Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal Squares
{Recipe Found Here}


 This was a very simple recipe to put together.  And the end result.  Eh....not bad.  I think I was going for something a little more crunchier, but it still tastes good.


Third,
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


This was a delightful cookie.  Although my oldest son was disappointed that there were no butterscotch chips {he really dug those cookies}, I think these cookies were fantabulous with the white chocolate chips.
I tweaked this recipes with only one ingredient : the dried cherries were switched out with craisens.  Dried cherries were just a little bit expensive, and I always have craisens on hand.


I took some of these cookies over to the in-laws, and I think that my SIL ate half-a-dozen {granted she is breastfeeding}, but nonetheless I did not come home with any leftovers ;)


Photobucket

Mouthwatering Mondays



3 comments:

  1. I think my favorite are the pumpkin oatmeal, but they all look wonderful! I am linking to you from Mouthwatering Monday! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make the pumpkin oatmeal. My husband loves oatmeal raisin cookies. I think he'd flip over those. The first one -- pumpkin butterscotch -- looks delicious! I might make those just for me. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore pumpkin, and all three look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)