Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Week 2011 : Desserts

Today, we're focusing on Pumpkin desserts.......well I should say dessert, since I was only able to make one of the things that I wanted too.  Oh well....I'll also show you want I wanted to make {and maybe I still will in the future}.

First,

Paula Deens Pumpkin Roll


October's Issue of the Food Network magazine contained this recipe inside.  In fact, it was probably the magazines fault for me wanting to make/try so many recipes.  My in-laws make a pumpkin roll around Thanksgiving/Christmas, but I never partake because it is too rich {all that cream cheese}.  I liked Paula's idea of using whipping cream, and heck, the toffee bits sounded delicious as well.


This was the first time I've ever made a "jelly" roll.  But everything went smoothly, especially since I didn't have parchment paper {I used wax paper though}.  We also skipped the rum part.  But I did substitute vanilla & rum extract when it came to dissolving the gelatin.  It worked, so I'm not complaining.  Also, the store didn't have just plain toffee parts, so guess what I used???  SKOR bars.  Holy Cow...that took it over the edge.


Carmel Sauce also took it over the edge.  This dessert for sure has the name "YUMMO" attached to the end of it :)

Here are some of the desserts that I wanted to try:

Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits

Picture of Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits Recipe

Frozen Spiced Pumpkin & Chocolate Pie


Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups


Pumpkin Filled Cannoli Cones


Thanks for stopping by :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)