Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken Bean Salad w/Cilantro Ranch Dressing

So it's been a crazy week & a half.  So much changes when you can't use your knee.
{I possibly tore my meniscus or acl playing soccer}
So with the injury, I've kept cooking to a minimum...and frankly non-existent. 

The other day though, I was trying to figure out something for dinner.  I had forgotten to take out any type of meat to thaw, so I headed down to our food storage room to gardner some ideas.  I had originally planned to make a BBQ Chicken Salad the day after my injury, and there...in front of me were all of the ingredients to make a decent-filling salad.  Thank you inspiration!


Romaine & Iceberg Lettuce.
Black Bean & Kidney Beans.
Corn and Tomatoes.
Chicken.
Cilantro Ranch Dressing.

My husband was a very happy man when he came home from work & placed a forkful in his mouth.  This dressing is one of our favorites that we've created, and it been great on alot of things.


And not only did this make a great salad the night we made it, but my Husband proceeded to eat the leftovers in a tortilla with some cheese....Great idea Honey!


Chicken Bean Salad w/Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Ingredients:
  • Half of a Romaine Bunch-chopped
  • Half of a Iceberg Head-chopped
  • 12oz can of Chicken
  • Can of Corn
  • Can of Black Beans
  • Can of Kidney Beans
  • Can of Tomatoes
  • Handful of Cilantro
  • 1 Cup of Sour Cream
  • 1 packet of Ranch Dressing
  • Zest & Juice of a Lime
  • 1 Garlic Clove-slighty chopped
Directions:
  1. Throw the chopped lettuce into a bowl...a big bowl, because it'll make it easier to mix everything up.
  2. Place your collander in the sink and dump the beans & rinse them.  Proceed to dump the corn & tomatoes & then the chicken.
  3. Meanwhile {while letting everything drain}, grab your food processor & proceed with the dressing.  Puree up the Cilantro, Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing, Lime goodness, & Garlic clove.
  4. Dump all the food from the collander onto the lettuce.  Pour some dressing on top & have a mix.  Add enough dressing to coat all the ingredients.
I hope you give it a try.  And to close this post, I'll end with a silly self-portrait :)


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I featured it on this week's Makin You Crave Monday. Come by and take a look - and hope to see you back again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)