Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine Bingo-w/a Twist

One of the fun things that I get to do this year, is plan parties for my son's first grade class {well..the entire first grade}.  Coming up is the Valentine Party, so I've been perusing the internet to get some fun ideas.  Then I came across this pic on Pinterest, and I decided to run with the idea.

What's the idea???  Valentine Bingo with a Twist.


Can you guess how it works???

Instead of just regular bingo with letters & numbers, I went to my son's planner and looked at all his weekly spelling lists.  The idea is, when I pull out a word, like "Whale", the kids will have to listen to the word & place the marker in the appropriate spot {which would be the WH spot}.  So on the Bingo card, I put down beginning & ending sounds....THese or wELL.
Make sense??  And all the words that I used {and are in the link below}, are words that the kids should know.

So if you're looking for a fun, educational game for kids to play, I hope you try this out!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea!! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope to see you back next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)