Monday, January 23, 2012

Thai Chicken Pizza


To kick start my Pizza week, I'm giving you one of my Husband & I's new favorite flavor.....Thai Chicken Pizza!


I made this for a family get-together a couple of weeks ago, and it was the sleeper hit.  I personally think it's the sweet peanut sauce that's used for the base.

This pizza has great ingredients....I feel like it's a "healthy' pizza.


The first time I made this pizza, I totally forgot the cilantro....so I made sure that the second time I made this, I would add the cilantro.  Lesson learned though, I should have added it at the very end, it wilted in the oven.


You need a good thick dough for this one...no thin/crispy crust for these ingredients.


I loved everything about it!  In fact, right now, thinking about this pizza is making me remember all the tastes.


Thai Chicken Pizza
{Printable Recipe Here}
Ingredients
·         Pizza Crust {use your own recipe, store bought, or here…use mine!}
·         1 Chicken Breast-cooked & shredded
·         2 Green Onions-sliced {green and white parts}
·         ¼ Cup Shredded Carrot
·         3 Mini-yellow Sweet Bell Peppers or ½ yellow Bell Pepper –chopped
·         ¼ cup Peanuts-chopped
·         A handful of Cilantro-chopped
Peanut Sauce:
·         ¼ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
·         2 Tbl Water
·         4 Tbl Sugar
·         1 tsp Lime Juice
·         1 Tbl Soy Sauce
·         1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 450
2.       To make the peanut sauce, add all the ingredients into a shaker & shake to combine.
3.       Take your rolled out pizza dough, and spread some of your peanut sauce over it.
4.       Start layering: chicken, peppers, onions, peanuts, carrots & cilantro
5.       Bake in the oven {I use a pizza stone} for about 12 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden color.
6.       Slice & serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)