Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween Countdown Blocks

So, last week over at Talented Terrace Girls 
{Ya know, that other blog that I contribute too}

Emily posted a fun Halloween Craft.  Now, I don't have any sort of Halloween decorations, and these seemed like something easy that I could make.  And guess what???  There were a couple other gals from around the neighborhood who thought the exact same thing :)

So yesterday, the gals got together, and we made some Halloween Countdown Blocks.
But where was I???  Stuck at home with a very tired little girl.  I figured it was best to let her sleep & de-grumpify herself, than suffer the wrath later that night.  I did however send my boys over to pick up the supplies so I could at least paint the wood.  Here's how mine turned out:


I like it :)

I didn't follow everyone else now did I ;)
I had some leftover Key Lime Spray Paint, which totally looks Halloweenish, and I thought it would pair well with the black & orange papers that I chose.
I also didn't put a paper behind "Days til Halloween" because I wanted the Green color.

Here are some of the others from the Terrace Gals:
{Trinity on the top-left; Teresa on the bottom-left, Emily on the right}




Endless possibilities on this one.  This is such a easy project that you could totally substitute Christmas for Halloween {I would, but I already have a Christmas Countdown}

So if you want to make your own set, head on over here, Emily's got a great tutorial for you.

Enjoy!

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Really Cute! I would love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I really appreciate them :)